It is our policy that all children should wear clothing that is in keeping with our school ethos. We take pride in our school and believe that uniform is an essential part of our school identity. We therefore expect parents to support the school’s dress code. We provide a complete list of the items needed for children’s school uniform below. All school uniform can be purchased from the official school uniform provider, Michael Hope, and most non-logo items are freely available to purchase.
Our aims are based on the belief that a school uniform;
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a feeling of community and belonging
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be)
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents.
Our colours are royal blue, grey/black and white and the uniform is as follows:
- School royal blue sweatshirt with or without school logo
- School royal blue cardigan with or without school logo
- School white polo shirt with or without school logo or (white cotton shirt / blouse)
- School royal blue fleece with school logo
- School royal blue book bag with school logo
- Grey/black trousers (not combat trousers / denim or skinny design) or plain grey/black shorts
- Grey/black skirt, grey/black trousers (no leggings/skinny denim) or grey/black pinafore dress
- Grey/black culottes
- Blue gingham dresses may be worn in the summer term
- Socks – white/grey/black
- School tights should be grey or black.
For PE all children need:
- School plain white or blue t-shirt with or without school logo
- School gym bag
- School black or blue PE shorts
- A pair of trainers and a tracksuit (optional) for outdoor PE.
Black shoes with flat heel or plain black trainers. (Trainers are only acceptable when plain and black).
In the winter months, girls may wear plain black leather boots with flat heel.
School royal blue cap with school logo.
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school other one small plain stud earring per ear. Pupils may wear a watch.
Make up and cosmetics
Make-up and cosmetics are not considered appropriate or consistent with our school uniform. The school does not permit such products to be worn by any children, unless there is a specific event for which the Head has given permission.
All clothing and footwear should be clearly labelled with your child’s name. We cannot be held responsible for any school uniform that is lost in school.
We recognise there are occasions when uniform is lost, damaged and or needs to be replaced, and that pupils therefore may come to school in alternative clothing. In such circumstances, this must be reported to the Headteacher / Deputy Headteacher in writing.
However, where the uniform policy is not being adhered to, the following will apply;
- A letter to parents reminding them of the schools expectations regarding uniform.
- Alternative and appropriate uniform, including footwear, will be provided for pupils to wear whilst at school.
If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Local Governance Committee (LGC) at the following address;
LGC of Bridge Farm Primary School, East Dundry Road, Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14 0LL